Sunday, November 29, 2009

expiriences that changes us.

This past week I learned a hard lesson. When we as Christians grow the devil tries to bring us down again. He sees that we are week, and knows that we will be an easy target. That is what I realized these last few days. I was questioning. I know that that is not what God wants us to do he wants us to trust in him. I lost 2 people in these last two weeks. It is hard I won’t say it isn’t, and it is ok to cry and to let it out. But it is not healthy to grieve on it. We have to move on. What helps that is to think of all the good times with the people we lost. God is an almighty God and everything he does is to guide and strengthen us and not to harm and bring us down. What I learned is to see the good things in this situation and to praise him no matter what. It won’t always be easy but it will help to get through the hard times as well as the good times. The verse that stood out to me was “I know the plans I have for you,” God said (Jeremiah 29,11), just a thought: If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, maybe the road to Heaven is paved with making the best of it when all your good intentions seemed to get stomped on. So sometimes our plans get stomped on by other things for example now with the death of people that were close, it felt like I got stomped on but I know that God is there for me to lift me up again. And the other verse is “No eye has seen no ear has heard no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Corinthians 2, 9) Sometimes we ask ourselves why me why do I have to go through this but the verse says that God has greater plans for us. Plans that we as humans cant imagine. God takes us through hard times in order for us to grow closer to him and to learn how to lean on to him. A good way that helps to deal with a situation like this is to praise the lord. Not just think about the hard things but the good things that the he has done for you.

1 comment:

  1. May you feel God walking alongside or carrying you through this time, Gabby. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete